Sunday, January 6, 2008

Selfish Motives + Lots of Friends = Cheesecake Party!

On New Year's Day I had a bunch of friends over to ring in the new year with fun and a whole lot of cheesecake. It all started when I was at my department's holiday outing to The Cheesecake Factory and I started to stress when deciding which flavor of cheesecake to order. After several minutes I finally made a decision but I also came up with an answer to the Miss Congeniality-esque question of how I would describe a perfect date. I decided that my idea of the perfect date would be for the guy to take me to The Cheesecake Factory and he would order every kind of cheesecake on the menu and we would proceed to taste them all. Well, I would never expect a guy to spend that much money on me and it would be ridiculous to think that anybody would ever actually do that. So, in true Annie-is-too-independent-for-her-own-good fashion (or so says her parents), I decided that I wouldn't wait for some boy to make that dream come true and I would just do it myself and turn it into a party.

After much anticipation, January 1, 2008 finally arrived and I got to order and pick up a slice of every kind of cheesecake available at The Cheesecake Factory (check out the list below). I was fully expecting the employees on the phone-in-your-order line or at the bakery counter to give me weird looks or say something about my odd request but nobody thought anything of it. I mean, who calls in and orders a slice of everything? When I was picking up the loot I even asked them if anyone had ever done this before and they said no and didn't even act at all like it was something cool or interesting. I guess you could say it was a little anticlimactic, but I still got to walk out of there with 30 slices of cheesecake so I got over it really fast.

Having now tasted pretty much all that The Cheesecake Factory has to offer, I feel quite comfortable with giving myself the title of "The Cheesecake Expert." The only trouble is that after my party there are about 30 other cheesecake experts in town now so I guess my services aren't quite so unique. In any case, if you are planning a trip to The Cheesecake Factory anytime soon and you want to talk cheesecake with me then I would love to help you out.

And now for the list:

ORIGINAL
FRESH STRAWBERRY
WHITE CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY TRUFFLE
GODIVA CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE
TRES LECHES CHEESECAKE
FRESH BANANA CREAM CHEESECAKE
DULCE DE LECHE CARAMEL CHEESECAKE
CHOCOLATE MOUSSE CHEESECAKE
VANILLA BEAN CHEESECAKE
ADAM'S PEANUT BUTTER CUP FUDGE RIPPLE
CHOCOLATE OREO MUDSLIDE CHEESECAKE
CHOCOLATE TUXEDO CREAMTM CHEESECAKE
DUTCH APPLE CARAMEL STREUSEL
BROWNIE SUNDAE CHEESECAKE
CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER COOKIE-DOUGH
KEY LIME CHEESECAKE
LEMON RASPBERRY CREAM CHEESECAKE
CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY TRUFFLE
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE-DOUGH CHEESECAKE
SNICKERS BAR CHUNKS AND CHEESECAKE
CRAIG'S CRAZY CARROT CAKE CHEESECAKE
OREO CHEESECAKE
CARAMEL PECAN TURTLE
COCONUT CHOCOLATE CREAM
WHITE CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER
There were also a few other specials that aren't on the online menu but I can't remember what they are now so they must not have been that good.

Oh, and in the very slim chance that there are any single guys out there that read my blog then I hope you aren't bugged that I stole the best date ever idea right out from under you. If it makes you feel better then just remember that cheesecake isn't the only way to win me over...the other way is with flowers. You would think it would be quite obvious since I want to own my own floral business someday but oddly enough no guy I have dated or gone out with has ever taken advantage of. I think I prefer the flowers to the cheesecake anyway because I don't feel strange pulsing in my chest and right arm after enjoying the loveliness of flowers like I did with the cheesecake. Which reminds me--look forward to my next post for an update on the marathon training of the out-of-shape girl named Annie.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I finally figured out how to comment on your blog. So, if I were a guy (but I'm not) I would take you to Cheesecake Factory and let you order any cheesecake you wanted until your sufficientcies had been sofoncified just because it would make you so happy and in return it would make me the guy happy. Good party idea. Love Ya. Mom

*star said...

For the record, my personal favorite was Vanilla Bean.

Annie, you are pretty much the coolest person I know.

rph said...

Wow, I'm speechless. So much cheesecake, I'm almost moved to tears just thinking about it.